At St. Mark we have three simple goals that are the focus of all that we do with the children. They are:
- Invite children to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip the children to grow in their faith.
- Make opportunities for family faith foundations to be formed and encourage family worship lifestyles.
With these goals in mind, we offer many opportunities for children from birth to 5th grade. Many occur throughout the year and others are special annual events. If you have any questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to call.
All regular Children’s Ministry activities take place in the Education Center in the main Church building. Click here for a map with building labels.
8:30 am- Nursery available for Worship Service (no Children’s Church)
9:45 am- Sunday School (age level classes starting at age 2)
11:00 am- Children’s Church for 3’s and 4’s- Meets in Praiseland (in Education Center)*
Children’s Church for K– 5th grade- Meets in The Green Room (in Education Center)*
Nursery Care– for all services and Sunday school (for children 3 and under)
*All children are welcome in the sanctuary. After the Children’s Sermon at the 11:00 am Worship Service, those that desire to will be dismissed to Children’s Church in Hallelujah Hollow or Praiseland. Upon exiting the Sanctuary, the children will be met in the hallway by Children’s Ministry Staff and Volunteers who will escort them to the age appropriate room in the Education Center. The only exception will be on Sundays when Communion is observed during worship. Elementary-aged children are asked to remain in the Sanctuary, while Preschool-aged children only are dismissed to Praiseland.
6:30 pm – Wednesday Nite Kids (elementary aged): Meets in the Activity Center
Cherub’s Hour (Preschoolers): Meets in Praiseland (in Education Center)
6:30-8:30 pm – Nursery Care (for babies and toddlers)
Annual Special Events
- Easter Egg Hunt and Church-wide Potluck Lunch- Sunday, March 20th (after 11 am worship service)
- Columbus District Kids Camp (2nd-6th graders)
- Family Swim Night: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at local neighborhood pool
- SuperStart retreat (4th-6th graders)
- Fall Festival
- Operation Christmas Child shoe box Packing Party